Amanda Steventon, M.D.
Dr. Amanda Steventon found her call to be a doctor at age five after having heart surgery. Growing up in rural Kansas, she saw the need for an increase in quality healthcare in rural areas, and it was Benson Health’s mission to provide care to all people and to increase access to medical care in rural areas that drew her to serve here.
Her most favorite aspect of serving people as a healthcare provider is the long-lasting relationships she forms with patients as well as their families. She said, “The joy of medicine is brought by those relationships and the privilege it is to become part of their lives.” She enjoys helping people of all ages and particularly enjoys newborn and pediatric, adolescent, and women’s care.
“Rock Chalk!” – the famous Kansas University chant can be heard regularly around her home as she and her family are avid Kansas Jayhawks fans. When they are not cheering for their team, Dr. Steventon, her husband and three children enjoy biking, hiking, fishing, gardening and traveling. They have a dog named Chalmie after Mario Chalmers, the Kansas University basketball player who hit the “miracle shot” in the 2008 National Championship game.
- Associate Degree – Cowley County Community College, Arkansas City, KS
- Undergraduate Degree – University of Kansas in Lawrence, KS
- Medical School – University of Kansas Medical School in Kansas City, KS
- Residency – KU School of Medicine-Wichita, Wesley Family Medicine Residency in Wichita, KS
- Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians (NCAFP)
Make an Appointment
Name: Amanda Steventon
Interests: Newborn Care/Pediatrics
Degree:Doctor of Medicine